Direct more traffic to your website by staying ahead of the SEO game
The post-pandemic era has ushered in a new wave of dedicated online users who are working, searching, communicating, and shopping, and Google is our trusted friend for finding what we want. For business owners, it’s imperative to understand the tricks of the trade to create a strong online presence. This is where digital marketing strategies and importantly, SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) come into play. Especially when it comes to directing traffic to your website, which is ultimately what you want in order to gain leads and convert them into paying customers.
A quick recap of SEO
When you type a subject into your search engine, Google uses a complex algorithm to determine which of the millions of web pages will be most relevant to your search query. Due to the high volume of web pages on the Internet, the ranking of a website becomes crucial. A higher ranking allows your website to be more visible to consumers, increasing the chances of them clicking on it.
How can this be achieved? By using SEO tactics to optimise your website’s design and content, so that Google’s software robots (also known as spiders) can effectively scan your website for relevant information. Your website’s linking structure and keywords must be spot on, as this is what spiders scan to distinguish what information on it is relevant to the subject being searched – ultimately, recommending your website over that of your competitors and driving more traffic there.
Tactics to boost your SEO ranking
Search engines are saturated with web pages, which is why your website’s position on the SERP (Search Engine Result Page) should be a priority. The following tactics can be used to improve your SEO ranking:
- Regularly update your website with high-quality content. People spend more time on websites that are well-designed, and offer interesting information and relevant content. Besides increasing the traffic to your website, unique content is advantageous when spiders scan your website to identify how it may benefit the consumer’s needs. Relevant content thus increases your website’s chances of being highly ranked.
- Use keywords cleverly. Incorporate specific keywords into your website, and importantly those used by consumers when they search for services and products that relate to your business. By adapting your content to include relevant keywords and terms, search engines can effectively connect and recommend your website to the desired target audience.
- Ensure your website is mobile-friendly. A website designed to be compatible with all devices takes user experience to the next level. This, along with a fast page loading speed will encourage consumers to revisit your website and add value to your SEO ranking.
- Optimise your titles. Titles are the first text element that consumers notice when scanning through a SERP. Thus, a title that stands out is crucial as it will lead to more website clicks. To go the extra mile, ensure that every page on your website has an engaging title. This can also help to boost your SEO ranking.
- Analyse your website traffic. Google Analytics can track and reveal endless data information about the visitors that enter your website. This includes where visitors are coming from, the time they spend on your website and the actions visitors take. The insights from this data will allow you to plan and adapt your SEO tactics to ensure optimal ranking.
Is SEO really worth all the fuss (and money)?
Post-pandemic, factors such as remote working, online learning, E-commerce, and how we entertain ourselves have (and will continue to) exponentially increased online traffic. According to Internet Live Stats, there are approximately 5.5 billion Google searches per day, with over 63,000 search queries per second. What this means to businesses is that standing out from competitors, specifically in online search results, is a must.
Not only standing out but increasing your qualified website traffic. Qualified website traffic refers to the visitors that businesses should aim to attract. These consumers visit your website with the intent to interact with your content and react to your call to action. So ultimately, yes, SEO really is worth the fuss and your money. It will ensure that your website’s traffic continues to grow organically and give your business an edge over the competition. Spending money on SEO will not only make your website reputable amongst search engines, additionally, but will also motivate you to actively create exciting content that is on-brand and keep consumers coming back for more.
Aim to be one step ahead
As we head for a new year, make sure to make the most of your digital marketing strategy by ensuring that it includes measurable SEO tactics. This will not only benefit your business’s website in the long run by steadily increasing its ranking, but more importantly, it will prepare your website to stand out in 2023’s new wave of online traffic.
Is your SEO sorted? Are you ready for the new wave of digital traffic? We can help you! CONTACT US TODAY.