This is a blog about the power of blogging!
“Blogging is to writing, what extreme sports are to athletics: more free-form, more accident-prone, less formal, more alive. It is, in many ways, writing out loud.” – Andrew Sullivan
Blogging is a powerful medium. If used correctly as a marketing tool, blogging is the most affordable and effective way for businesses to connect, engage and educate customers.
Blogs started in the late 1990s as online diaries. Do you remember the first blogging platform, Blogger? Over time, blogs changed into a powerful platform for sharing news and opinions, and by the mid-2000s, influential bloggers were breaking stories and shaping public opinion.
You would think in today’s digital age, where social media dominates the online landscape, that blogs would have become a lot less relevant. But this isn’t true at all. Blogging has never gone out of fashion and despite the emergence of newer platforms, blogs remain an essential marketing tool for businesses, brands and individuals.
These are our 5 reasons why we think blogging is a powerhouse marketing tool that is here to stay:
- Blogs are still so incredibly relevant because of their ability to provide value to readers. They allow businesses to create and share informative and engaging content that educates, entertains, or solves a problem for their audience. This in turn, provides businesses with the credibility as thought leaders in their industry and to build trust with potential customers.
- Blogs remain essential because of their brilliant SEO benefits. Search engines like Google prioritize websites that publish high-quality, relevant content on a regular basis. By creating a blog and regularly publishing content, businesses can improve their search engine rankings and drive more traffic to their website.
- Blogs also provide a platform for businesses to engage with their audience. By enabling comments and social media sharing, businesses can foster two-way conversations with their customers, get valuable feedback, and build a loyal and interested community around their brand.
- Blogs give us the ability to control the content we put out there, where social media platforms do not. With the ever-changing social media algorithms, businesses can’t always be sure that the content they post will reach their target audience. But when it comes to blogging, businesses have complete control over the content they create and how it is presented to their audience.
- Finally, blogs are extremely cost-effective as a marketing tool. While social media advertising can quickly become expensive, blogs can be created and published for a fraction of the cost and are an excellent return on investment for businesses big and small.
In other words, don’t dismiss blogging as a passing fad. They remain an essential marketing tool and provide value to readers, improve SEO, foster engagement, and offer control over content. Best of all they are affordable. We believe that blogging should be included as an essential marketing tool in your business’s marketing strategy.
Talk to us about incorporating blogs into your marketing campaigns. We can show you the power of blogging and how to get maximum value out of them. Contact us today!